HOW DO I INTEGRATE WITH QUICKBOOKS ONLINE?
From the menu on the left hand side select QuickBooks Settings, then click Connect and follow the onscreen instructions from the Intuit page.
Once connected, select the following from the dropdown options, and then select Update Quickbooks Settings.
- the Account Name for Sparcblock Bill - transaction fees will be expensed under this account (e.g. Bank Charges)
- the Canadian Bank Account that will be used for payments (e.g. Chequing)
- the Account for Vendor Credits - if any Sparcblock transaction causes an overpayment (e.g. if a bill is deleted in Quickbooks) this is the account that the overpayment will be posted to so that it can be used as a future vendor credit
- the Tax Account - this is the tax account that will be used for the tax charged on Sparcblock transaction fees
NOTE: You can disconnect the SparcPay app from QuickBooks at any time by clicking the Disconnect button, and reconnect later if you choose using the process above.
WHAT IF I DON"T SEE THE QUICKBOOKS SETTINGS MENU OPTION?
This function is restricted to the Company Administrator role. If you are authorized to change company setting but do not have this role, the User Administrator within your organization can grant you access to this role.
HOW DOES SPARCPAY SYNCHRONIZE WITH QUICKBOOKS ONLINE?
SparcPay will automatically read company information, vendor information, open bills and supplier credits from QuickBooks Online and present the bills along with Memo field contents and any attached images, to be reviewed and approved or rejected.
For rejected bills the approver will be prompted to enter a Reject Reason. Then a notification is provided, and the bill may be deleted or revised in QuickBooks. If deleted then the rejection is final. If revised, the bill will be re-presented for all required approvals, marked with a "revised" icon.
Approval tiers are set by the Company Administrator, and each tier or level can require one or more approvals. Accepted (approved) bills will continue through the approval process until all required approvals are obtained, at which point they will appear on the Pay screen.
On the Pay screen, by default all approved bills are selected for payment, but any bills can be deselected in which case payment will be deferred to a future Pay selection. Also on the pay screen, and existing Supplier Credits can be applied to the bills for that supplier prior to making a payment. The credits selected are automatically applied in QuickBooks.
After the Pay step is completed, the bills are paid via the Payment Method selected by the Company Administrator:
- For SparcPay, the payment process is automated, based on the pre-selected funding method (most commonly Pre-Authorized Debit)
- For customers that choose to perform the EFT directly to selected banks (e.g. TD, BMO), the payment process can be done via a manual download of the batch file which can then be uploaded to the bank
In either case, when the payment is confirmed as processed tot he destination account, the bill is automatically marked as Paid in QuickBooks.
HOW DO I REFRESH THE DATA ON DEMAND?
The QuickBooks data can be refreshed in demand by clicking:
- Bills Refresh from the Approve screen
- Vendor Refresh from the Vendors screen
- Refresh Company Information from Accounting System from the My Company screen
HOW DO I INDICATE BY WHAT METHOD A VENDOR SHOULD BE PAID?
AS a SparcPay user, all of your payments are paperless from your perspective. However, if some suppliers do not provide banking information and choose to be paid by a differnt method, SparcPay will handle that for you. Under Vendors, the following payment methods are available:
- AutoEFTOrCheque - this is the default, which will pay by the most effective means based on the information available (requires either address or bank details)
- ForceEFT - will only pay this supplier by EFT (requires bank details)
- ForceCheque - will only pay this supplier by a cheque, automatically issued by the Sparcblock Bill Payment Service (requires address)
- CreditCard - for bills that are automatically charged to a credit card, will approve the amount but not issue a cheque or EFT
- PreAuthorized debit - for bills that are automatically debited from a bank account, will approve the amount but not issue a cheque or EFT
If any Vendor is missing information it will appear in the Pending To Do list, and the missing information may be completed there. If the priority is LOW then payments may be processed for the vendor without completing the information. If the priority is HIGH this indicated that mandatory information is missing and payments cannot be made to the vendor until the To Do item is completed